High School Holiday Concert
Monday December 16th, 2013
Youth and Middle School Holiday Concert
Tuesday December 17th, 2013
Keep It Local Program
E-S Spanish Club’s
Keep It Local Program
Support your local businesses AND your Eleva-Strum Spanish Club! And the best part? At no extra cost to you! J
How this program works:
· Robbe’s IGA in Strum and D & D Gas Plus in Eleva are providing the Spanish Club with gift cards and certificates worth their face value, and for each card or certificate purchased through the Spanish Club, the businesses will donate 5% to the club. So, before you purchase items at either business, buy your cards/certificates from the club for face value (for $50 cash/check, you get $50 in cards or certificates).
· Cards and certificates can be used to purchase any items at these businesses.
· Cards and certificates can be ordered through any Spanish Club member OR at the high school
· Cards/certificates will be issued when payment is received at the high school. Make checks payable to E-S Schools.
So, with a little advance planning so you have your cards/certificates with you when you need them, you can support your neighborhood businesses AND your local Spanish Club students! It’s a WIN-WIN situation!
Where will the 5% from your purchase go?
· You can designate a specific Spanish Club member to earn the 5%, to be used to offset the cost of a future Spain trip (if a student does not ultimately go on the trip, funds earned by that individual will be moved to the general Spanish Club fund)
· You can help fund the Club’s senior scholarship
· You can support the Spanish Club wherever it is needed by putting your 5% in the club’s general account
Everyone has to have gas in his or her car; everyone has to buy groceries –
why not keep your purchases local and support your fellow community members? Contact a Spanish Club member, or Mrs. Young at Eleva-Strum Central
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Community Support Network
The Eleva-Strum Community Support Network is kicking off a program designed to support children and families in our district. The program, Weekend Kids’ Meals, provides food for students who are at risk of going hungry over the weekend when school snacks and lunches are not available. Funded by grants and community donations, the Weekend Kids’ Meals Food Program provides a weekend's worth of healthy, well-balanced meals in small bags. The school counselor discreetly places the bags into the child’s backpack on Friday of each week.
Each bag will typically contain items weighing less than 6 pounds with all items being ready-to-eat or microwaveable. There will be food to provide each child with: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 2 snacks. We provide 39 meals at this time.
If you are interested in helping with this endeavor, you will find a needed supply list on the back. Donations can be delivered to Central High School where students package the meals each week. Monetary donations can be received at United Bank in Eleva and Strum.
More information can be found at: http://elevastrumsupport.org
If you have any questions about this program, please feel free to contact Marty or Talitha Kempf (715) 695-2916) or Debbie Wright (715) 287-4217.)
Sincerely~ Mrs. Kempf
Weekend Kids’ Meals Supply List
**Non perishable food only**
· Individual size cereal boxes/bowls
· Granola bars
· Peanut butter/cheese cracker packs
· Oatmeal packets
· Applesauce/pudding cups
· Packaged peanuts
· Spaghetti and Meatballs
· Beef Ravioli
· Green Beans
· Sliced Peaches
· Peanut Butter (12 oz. jar)
· Macaroni and Cheese (canned preferred)
· Beef Stew
· Sweet Peas
· Whole Kernel Corn
· Nonfat dry milk
· Dried fruit
· Small cartons of packaged fruit juice
**** Plastic bags for distributing food***