"Cardinal Pride" encompasses two main programs at Eleva-Strum Schools along with various activities designed to enhance the education of our entire student body.
Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS) is a proactive systems approach for creating and maintaining safe and effective learning environments in schools. This ensures that all students have the social and emotional skills needed to be successful at school and beyond. Students are taught what is expected of them, expectations are modeled and practiced, and success is acknowledged.
Response to Intervention (RtI) is a general education process of instruction, assessment, and intervention that helps address the needs of all learners both academically and behaviorally. When a student struggles with learning, the RtI model enables the teacher to provide additional supports to help that student be successful in school. RtI is universal, evidence based, for all children and all educators.
Again this year we have implemented our "behavioral matrix" highlighting the expectations for classroom behavior, school activities, technology use, and beyond. Whether a student is in school, at a school function, at home, or in the community, they are expected to show their Cardinal Pride - "Be Responsible" "Be Respectful" "Be Safe." Each teacher has their classroom expectations posted in their room along with expectations posted in various areas throughout the facilities. Please ask your child what these mean to them and work to show your child how these expectations can be carried out at home as well.
For positive resources and information go to:
RTI Parent Link
PBIS Parent Link
Effective Behavior Managment for Parents
GET IT! GOT IT! LIVE IT... PASS IT ON!
Cardinal Core Beliefs:
- Student achievement is the ultimate goal for our district, both academically and behaviorally
- Every student deserves to be in an environment that will ensure their safety, engage their brains, and challenge their abilities
- Collaboration among students, parents, faculty, and community is essential
- Research based instruction and data driven decision making result in quality instruction and learning
- Students will meet or exceed state mandated benchmarks and standards in all academic areas